The week between Christmas and New Year’s Day can feel a little weird and sometimes boring. It is a great time to relax and also try to catch up on a few of those nagging little things you’ve been wanting to take care of. So here is my list of ideas that I’m going to try to fit in this year.
- Do a giant puzzle. I love doing puzzles and the kids like to join in too. Even my husband will walk past and try to find a piece to fit every once in a while. The puzzle can stay out all week on the dining room table because, let’s face it, everyone is just snacking on the couch all week anyway.
- Check out the After Christmas Sales. Now is a great time to stock up on wrapping paper and ornaments for next year. I hate to say thins but you know Christmas is only 364 days away. lol
- Binge Listen to a Podcast! Here are my favorite 5 with links to their main page. I use Google Podcasts to listen to all of these.
- Dressed: The History of Fashion – So many great episodes about designers and pieces of clothing and anything you want to know about Fashion. It’s super fun to listen to.
- Better Than Happy – This is just an uplifting way to spend 30 to 45 minutes. Lots of ideas for living a better and more uplifting life.
- Rachel Hollis Podcast – Another uplifting listen. It’s about setting and achieving goals and motivation.
- Jane Hamill: Imperfect Action – I’m in Jane’s membership group right now and it is amazing. this podcast is just a taste of what we get every week from her. If you are a person with a small business you might love this group. Even if you don’t this podcast has some great advice for setting and achieving goals. Just as an aside, Jane’s membership just opened up again and it’s called The Content Club.
- The Official Podcast about The Crown – Love the show, love the podcast.
- and a bonus podcast that I listen to a lot is called This is the Gospel. It’s full of uplifting stories and stories with a lesson.
- Hand Wash those sweaters.
- Check your phone notifications. If you are anything like me, you are starting fresh with new goals and those notifications can be really distracting. One of my goals for the year is to put my phone down more and not look at it except if it’s a designated look at my phone time.
- How is your First Aid kit doing? does it need a restock? Now might be a good time to check that out…and while you’re at it change that burnt out light bulb.
- Go through your dresser and closet. By now you know which winter clothes you haven’t worn and aren’t likely to wear. Are there any you can sell? Donate any you can’t sell but are in good condition. And for those that are in terrible condition, those can be used as cleaning rags around the house or the garage.
- Start a habit you can keep up. It is the time that many of us are making resolutions why not make a resolution you can keep like a daily skin care routine or reading before bed or adding 1 minute of meditation to your morning.
- Pare down your Instagram or Facebook. I am in no way suggesting you stop following me but you should be following people who inspire you, encourage you to be better, bring you joy or you love. If you feel bad when you see someone’s posts then the unfollow button is easy to find. Along that same line go through your email and unsubscribe from those emails you don’t look at anymore. Again, not me:-)
- Start your indoor garden. I need something that is good in the shade – Any suggestions for me?
What do you think of this list? Anything you’d like to add?
2 thoughts on “10 Great Things to do Between Christmas and January 1”
Hi Beth, You are my inspiration. No matter the struggles, you come out on top. Always discovering new opportunities to make life the great adventure
Aww, Cindy. You are so sweet and lovely. I miss seeing you.