So many times when people think of custom made clothes they think they are unnecessary or expensive or only for special occasions. Let’s talk about why custom made clothes might be just the ticket even for every day wear.
- Custom made clothes last and last and last. Most dressmakers and tailors will choose the best materials available without going overboard. These fabrics may be slightly more expensive but they are manufactured in a way that they won’t pill or look worn even after years of use. Also, a dressmaker or tailor will use sewing techniques that make seams stronger and also improve the look of the inside of the garment as well as the outside.
2. Custom Fit – No two bodies are the same. Even if two people wear the same off the rack size the clothing will look different on each person due to differences in measurements. Your dressmaker can make a dress or skirt exactly for you which will result in a more put together look as well as being more comfortable.
3. Flattering Cut – A skirt for example might look better at 25 inch length on one person and 24 inches on another. You can get sleeve lengths, skirt lengths and pants lengths to your perfect measurement for look and comfort. These flattering cuts can also help you to feel good about your body regardless of your shape or size. Having something that works with your body rather than just trying to hide things can add so much confidence resulting in a spring in your step.
4. Express Your Own Style – Most times large companies are setting the fashion trends which end up in department stores. Often the colors and cuts of the clothes aren’t what suit us best. When you choose a dressmaker to make something for you they will work with you to find just the right fabrics and colors and pattern styles to fit your personality.
5. Ethical Fashion – Over the years we have hear numerous stories of textile workers being mistreated or not fairly paid for their labors. When you are having your clothing custom made you know exactly who is making your garment and where your money is going. Most tailors and dressmakers are small business owners so you can feel good about supporting a self employed person.
Don’t get me wrong, I think getting something specially made for a special occasion is a great idea but having the perfect clothes in your wardrobe for every day wear can be just the boost you need in your life. I also love yoga pants just as much as the next girl but I know that throwing a skirt on top can be just the thing to help you feel all put together.