I was watching a live on Instagram from a pastor and she said something I believe but I had not been able top put into words. She said pretty has power. It attracts and draws. Pretty has power because it invites people to you.
Those words resonated with me and when I hear a sentence or a phrase that bounces around in my brain like that I need to run with it and write down all of the new thoughts that come to me with it. And often my thoughts come with a message that I want to share.
The last 2 years have been interesting to say the least. Many of us used the pandemic as a reason to put on our yoga pants or leggings and live in them seven days a week. Working and learning at home have encouraged us to wear things that are more comfortable at least from the waist down.
The interesting thing to me was that I didn’t really change the way I was dressing every day because I was already dressing in a way that felt super comfortable to me. So let me tell you 5 things I do that keep me comfortable every day regardless of what is on my list of things to do. These things I do every day are the reason that people ask me where I am going even when I have no intention of leaving the house.
- I wear a skirt. Often people think a skirt is uncomfortable but my skirts have a free hip which means that they aren;t tight in the hip and movement is easy. I can get down on the floor with the babies and play and I can do any of my chores in a skirt with no problem.
- I wear a knit top. These tops can look a little dressier depending on what fabric they are made from or they can be one of my big collection of concert t-shirts. A knit fabric will allow you lots of movement and comfort.
- I do add those leggings in the winter time. Under my dress or skirt I do wear leggings or tights to keep my legs warm but they don’t detract from the prettiness of my outfit. In the spring and fall I usually wear ankle socks with lace on them. I love those socks and they look adorable with a pair of Mary Jane’s or cute sneakers.
- I wear comfortable shoes. No need for heels here I almost exclusively wear flat shoes like pretty little ballet flats or sneakers. I have several pairs of super sparkly sneakers and I am thankful that so many shoe makers are making shoes with rhinestones at the moment. Of course this isn;t necessary but it makes me feel awesome when I wear them.
- Earrings! I love a good dangly earring. I love the movement it gives and I think they look great on people with long or short hair. Add an eaaring and it just feel like it finishes off an outfit without too much effort.
Notice I didn’t mention makeup or hair or any of that. Those are the bonuses if you want to add a couple of things but a skirt, tshirt, leg warmers if necessary, flat shoes, and earrings. That’s all you need to feel comfortable but ready for the day no matter what comes.
When is the last time you put on a skirt and some sneakers or other comfortable shoes? Let me know in the comments!