48 Things You Could Care Less About
1. FIRST NAME?
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My Grammy who everyone calls Maggie but when I was born my mom didn’t think Maggie was good for a little kid – old lady name she said – so I’m Beth because my middle name is Elizabeth.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
Happy cry or sad cry? Happy on Saturday at Rhinebeck when I saw all of the ribbons on m shawl. Sad, also about a week ago, about my second daughter Chelsea who thinks she has to do everything in her life the hard way.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Not at all. Very messy. Couldn’t do much about it when I was younger and have no inclination to fix it now.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT?
Honey Ham if it has to be lunch meat. I like it a little warmed up though. Maybe a grilled ham and cheese sandwich.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes siree. I’m hilarious – at least my friend Angie in Buffalo thinks so. My kids are somehow unamused.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?
I own a journal. Am I supposed to write in it too?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
I’m terribly afraid of heights.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Stone cut oatmeal that I have to cook for 45 minutes. Crap! I forgot to get that yesterday.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Not unless it’s necessary. Actually I can’t think of any shoes I wear regularly that have any ties.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Stubborn may be more like it. If you want to know physically, I think I can do 2 pushups and no pullups.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
It changes but right now Cherry Garcia and Sweet Cream ice cream with strawberries, graham crackers and chocolate chips from Cold Stone. If it has to be ice cream for a group I’m going for butter pecan. From the looks of that answer I think I think too much about ice cream which could be the source of the roundness.
14. SHOE SIZE?
15. RED OR PINK?
Red if I have to choose and both if I don’t.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Procrastination. Quick temper. Maybe I should procrastinate on my temper.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My friend Angie and my sister.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Do I want every one to fill it out? Heck, yeah.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
White pajamas in my bed. This new laptop could be the last straw to my house being called a disaster area by the state of Michigan.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE?
Popcorn at the movies.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Kids running around downstairs and a lot of quiet.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELL?
Clean laundry, lilacs and vanilla.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
The lady I’m buying the shop from.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?
Sense of humor, warmth, and hands.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from?
Kate from Aastrikke? I love her even though we’ve never formally met. I think we were roommates in a past college life.
27. FAVORITE DRINK?
Hot Chocolate. Rooibos Tea. Warm Cider
28. FAVORITE SPORT?
knitting mixed with hockey – yes I knit at the games and I’ve gotten some minor crap for it. I don’t care.
29. EYE COLOR?
30. HAT SIZE?
Maybe 22 inches. I have a hard time measuring myself.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No. I wear glasses but they’re pretty weak and I think I might be stupid about putting contacts
32. FAVORITE FOOD?
Lobster in all its forms – on bread, in the shell, in casseroles, as stuffing…
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings, andy kind. I hate to be scared. I’m scared of it.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter/Fall/Spring. Basically I hate to be hot. You can always put on another sweater but at some point you have to stop taking clothes off.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Both from my honey or the little kids,
My family is not very touchy so I’m not either unless I can see that the situation calls for a hug. Pennsylvania Dutch you know.
37. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Creme Brulee I think or cake or ice cream or pie, or anything that has to do with cake or ice cream or pie or Creme Brulee
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? N/A
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? N/A
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
Currently trying to finish The Great Influenza. My great grandmother died in that outbreak in 1917 and it’s very interesting.
41. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
It’s the one I just got in Rhinebeck with a sheep on it. Before that I didn’t have one.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV?
Nothing, we were at the Michigan hockey game and then went to the movies to see The Prestige.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Quiet, Maggie playing the piano as only a 5 year old can, Maggie and Ryan laughing. Brittney’s voice when she calls on Sundays and Chelsea’s voice if she calls.
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES?
Beatles. What kind of question is that? When I was 15 I had a stereo that recorded 8 tracks and the local radio station had 24 hours of beatles songs one day. I think I recorded 10 hours of it on 8 track. I also had almost all of their vinyl albums. Unfortunately some were destroyed when my sister took them to college. Thanks Tammy!
45. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME?
London, England. It was a fabulous 10 day trip complete with business class seats on the plane.
46. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?
I can learn almost anything by reading a book. I also can bring a little humor to tense situations.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
I stole it from Kate who stole it from Cara.
Where is number 34? It seems to have been misplaced.
Now I have a favor to ask of anyone who went to Rhinebeck. There was a vendor there who was selling little wooden spinning wheel lamps. I need one for the store. I almost bought one and then never went back. I have been all over the internet trying to find the guy and can’t even remember then name of the shop. I think they were in the very back barn that kind of was off by itself. Anybody remember? I sure would appreciate the help.