We’re about 6 months out from the upcoming Rhinebeck Retreat and there is still space. Have you looked over the description? Do you have any questions?
Let me answer a few of the questions I’ve gotten.
- What are the benefits of coming to this retreat?1. Home made meals. Kat will be coming for us and I happen to know that she is an amazing cook. If you have allergies no worries. I’m a no gluten, no grains, no sugar girl and Kat is more than willing to help me with that so don’t worry.
- Personalized classes. I have big plans to reach you everything I know about wool: breeds, buying, scouring, processing. In addition we have 3 to 4 evenings of hanging out so there’s plenty of time to ask questions and I’ll be happy to help with anything you’re curious about.
- Private rooms. Are you an introvert who needs space at night? Do you run out of words at 8pm? You can go to your sanctuary and rejuvenate.
- All inclusive price (except for 2 lunches). We did a lot of math and ciphering and figuring. 4 days with one fill and two half days of classes, meals, lodging (have you seen the hotel prices on that weekend? I know it looks like a big number all in a lump like that but if you add it all up it’s actually a pretty good deal.
What will we learn?
- The full day class will be my favorite way to do a breeds study. We will sample at least 5 breeds and take those samples all the way to fabric using knitting needles, crochet hooks or small handheld looms. Getting all the way to fabric is the best way to know for sure whether or not you love that wool. While we work I’ll also talk about my favorite ways to scour sometimes based on wool category, how I decide which processing and drafting method to use and how I make decisions about what to do.
- On Saturday morning I’ll review the things I look for in a fleece such as weakness/breaks, how much is too much VM, will a certain staple length work for my project. Then we will head out after breakfast and spend a few hours in the fleece barn at the Fairgrounds where I’ll help you choose a fleece for a project and answer all of your wool questions.
- On Sunday morning we will play with color and learn how to turn the three primary colors into the whole color wheel just by using some simple math and a tiny scale. While we learn about blending I’ll talk about how to use this new knowledge in a larger project and the differences between hand cards and drum carded fiber.
And finally, Can I make payments?
- When I was setting up my new website at the same time as I was rolling out this Retreat I couldn’t figure out an easy way to set up payments. I can, however do it using Paypal. So, if this is something you’d like to do and would like to make payments please contact me and we will work it out together. The only requirement would be that the final payment would be no later than September 28th. bethsmithpink at gmail dot com is the best email address for me or use the contact page on this website.
There will be a great goody bag with an extra special hand made gift for those people who are Patrons of mine. And did I mention the food and the friendships and the fun?