There has been so much happening around here lately and I have been forgetting to keep you updated! So here we are. Let me show you the things I have been making and also the fabric for the things that need to be made this week.
Let’s start with two dresses I altered to make them perfect for the wearer. Unfortuneatley, as usual, I forgot to take before photos so I’ll ask you to use your imagination.
First is this wedding gown. The bride called in a panic because she couldn’t get the dress on because the sleeves were extremely too small. She had been to another seamstress who had told her the fix would be impossible and she would need a new dress. I told her to come right over.
When I looked at her dress I knew I could fix it. I removed the sleeves and opened the seam. The dress was too long so I took the fabric I cut off the bottom and made the sleeves larger at the armhole and tapered them down to the button cuff. I also opened the armhole a bit for comfort and took some height out of the shoulder seem to make the bodice fit better.
She came to try it on and was thrilled and I was so happy I could help her. I then found a way to bustle the long train so she would be able to dance at her reception.
Next is this cute dress for a local high school homecoming. This cute girl got a dress that she sort of liked but not really and came to me for help.
This dress looked completely different when it came to me. there were wires in the hemof 5 layers of tulle to make the skirt stand out. Ther ewas also a layer of ruffled net under the skirt for more volume. The sleeves were fitted tot he elbow and then came out into a bell to the middle of her forearm. The back of the dress was too big on her.
I removed all of the wired hems and also the netting underneath to reduce the fullness to minimal. I cut the sleeves to short length and hand sewed the lace around the bottom edge. I moved some snaps around to everything fit beautifully.
Another happy customer on her way to the homecoming dance.
The left and second photos are dresses. The third photo is a skirt I made for myself but I realized I cut the waistband a bit too small so if you love that rose print let me know…and actually I still have more of that fabric if you want it made in your size and you are a different size than I am. The fourth photo is of an awesome skirt that went out in the mail for a super happy customer. There is one more dress which is not pictured that is a silk and wool blend….I’ll get a photo of it this week when it is fully finished.
And finally, just a little smidge of what’s on the list for this week. The black and white rose print has already gone to someone else but I am recreating that skirt for someone else. The border print fairies are also going to be made into a wrap skirt and I’m excited to see it finished because in my mind’s eye it is gorgeous and fun.
The far right photo is from Cruella. I love that blouse and I really want to see if I can draft a pattern and make a top very similar. My plan is to make a stretchy pencil skirt to wear with it. I’ll keep you posted.
I can’t wait to show you my progress this week. I post many things on Instagram if you want to follow along.
So just one more thing. I have a big announcement coming next month and I would love for you to be the first to know so I set up a VIP list. Those on my VIP list will always be the first to hear of new designs and exciting new developments. If you think you would love to be the first in line then click this link and enter your email address.